Crossover - Judith Eubank

*Book source ~ NetGalley

Meredith Blake is an American student going to school in England. Lodging at Edwards Hall in Exeter she’s charmed by her surroundings. Until weird things start happening to her and she needs to unravel a mystery regarding past residents of the house before she either loses her sanity or her current way of life.

This is mostly a mystery with a paranormal slant and a dab of romance thrown in. The writing is very wordy and at times the character interaction is choppy. This happens consistently throughout the book, so I’m going to assume it’s just the writer’s style. I was confused a lot of the time with the paranormal part of it. I couldn’t grasp why exactly it was happening and basically only to Meredith. The romance doesn’t get much page time at all and came off as kind of an afterthought, but the mystery is what keeps the story moving forward. I enjoyed Meredith’s research efforts and the ending was a surprise. Nice! Keep in mind that this was first pubbed in 1992, so it is a bit aged. (yeesh, like me lol) Overall though it’s a pretty good read.

Source: http://imavoraciousreader.blogspot.com/2015/11/crossover.html