To Catch a Wolf - Lynn Red

*Book source ~ NetGalley

Erik Danniken is an Alpha, werewolf and mayor. Isabel “Izzy” Taylor is his secretary. And I use that term loosely. Izzy has been in Jamesburg in the boonies of the Appalachian Mountains for two years and she’s the only human in a town of assorted shifters. She and Erik have apparently been doing the hunka chunka every single moment of every single day for those two years. But Erik can’t claim her as his mate because she’s human and while the pack will turn a blind eye to a lover they will not accept a human for the Alpha’s mate. What are they going to do?

I have no idea what they did or how the pack reacted. I toughed it out to 59% and gave up. The writing style is very strange. Very disjointed, choppy and hard to follow. The characters are shallow and obsessed with each other. I mean, to the point that they can’t be in the same room with each other before heavy panting, bodily fluids, writhing and clothes ripping happens. There is an attempt at a plot, but by the time I got past all the ridiculous sex I really didn’t care about the zombie ex-Alpha. This is a new-to-me author, but I will not be trying anymore of her books.

Source: http://imavoraciousreader.blogspot.com/2015/08/ffs-netgalley.html